Friday, May 18, 2007

Quote Of The Day
Comedian Craig Shoemaker was in during the first hour. He said growing up in Philadelphia he had a football coach named Ralph Carolla, whose claim to fame was that in the team photo one year he accidentally had his nutsack swinging out and about from his tight shorts. Adam said while he didn't know much at all about his family lineage, he did know his father had a brother named Ralph, and that he indeed lived in Philly.

Adam: We do have prodigous sacks, that is one thing... check the crest, check the coat of arms, it's right there.


Time For RewritesCollin Quinn hit the seat after Henry Rollins. After some comments about how evasive Henry was about some things, Collin declared he himself was an "open book", he would answer anything and everything. After a few rounds of Q&A like this--

Teresa: Who was your favorite that guest starred on SNL while you were there?
Collin: I don't know... I can't remember.
Danny: Apparently he's an open book that he hasn't bothered to read.


Off F
Danny: I've been seeing a couple girls and one is very bright, and she ended a sentence in a preposition and I corrected her in the car.
Teresa: That is something up which I will not put.
Danny: And she said the exact same thing, God bless her.
Hmm, I never heard that one before. Good to know. The only thing I hate more than outdated dopey English rules are the Kelsey Grammers of the world that go around trying to enforce them. I bet contractions were against the law at some point as well.

Clip Recommendations:
[1] Breaking The Cycle-- If you love the little stories this is where it's at. Adam illustrates his family's odd indifference. If I ever became famous I think my father would react much like his; I can't imagine being part of a whole family unit that operates like this. Danny then shares his own experiences as Adam tries to figure out just how the redheaded monster was created.

[2] Henry Rollins Interview-- Part 1 and Part 2

[3] Collin Quinn Interview-- Part 1 and Part 2

[4] Craig Shoemaker Interview-- As someone who watches a lot of standup I hadn't heard of this guy since he hosted Comic Strip Live in the late 80s/early 90s. Parts 1 and 2.